Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow

I am writing from the better side of our major breastfeeding challenge. Things appear to finally be smoothing out and Cora and I are hopefully hitting our stride. It has been an exhausting few days while we strove to find our rhythm. I have been humbled by the love and help offered by our friends. A few times this week friends dropped everything to rush over and help us. Amazing, and if I wasn't deliriously tired I would find the words to express how much I have appreciated this love.

Scott's mom is here visiting which has been a huge help. I'm trying not to image what it's going to be like in a few days when she heads home. The weather has been gorgeous which is such a relief and we've managed a few short walks with Cora bundled up in her sling. She is gaining weight rapidly and her face changes every day.

Cuddles with grandma Pam


Hanging out in the sling

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for breastfeeding getting easier and Cora gaining weight! Whew! I knew you two could do it, and I know you knew it too, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier, eh? I'm so proud of both of you. I hope you're sleeping as I type this. Man, I'm just in awe of all the challenges of being a new mom, how anyone gets through it with her sanity...and I'm only witnessing it from the outside! :) Love you CC!

    ReplyDelete