Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Ugh

It's 3:30 in the morning, I've been awake all night. I am wallowing in the flu. What started as a simple allergic reaction grew into a chest cold which then blossomed into the flu. It is never easy being sick, made more complicated by being a parent to a wee one and made even more complex by being pregnant.

I am not one to use much over the counter medication, preferring herbs and homeopathy instead. This time, however, this beast of illness has left me whimpering and reaching for anything that will make a difference.

Thank god for Scott, he stayed home all day yesterday to care for Cora and will most likely be home today as well. I feel horribly guilty asking him to miss work, and mostly I feel guilty not being there for Cora. It's killing me to not be able to pick her up and cuddle her (for fear of getting her sick). I spent many hours today lying in bed listening to the two of them laughing and playing, my heart sick that I couldn't be a part of it. I need to get better soon :(

No comments:

Post a Comment