Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Year

The holidays are past and now it is time to sink into quiet. To lovingly pack up the ornaments, sweep up the pine needles and unpack the baby supplies. Quiet sounds delicious after the wonderful chaos of our friend and family filled Christmas. It's been such a blessing to have our house full and buzzing for weeks now. Equally blessed is the instant quiet that has surrounded us as we are getting ready to welcome this baby into the world.

We took a birth class last Sunday which was helpful. I wouldn't say I learned anything I didn't already know, however, it was good to be in a room with Scott and other expecting couples listening to the wisdom of my midwife. I could feel my anxiety sink and a sense of isolation which I wasn't aware of until that moment began to shrink back. Looking across the other bellies was a great reminder that women's bodies are designed to do this and we possess a wisdom older then old. I am beginning to feel deep excitement to meet this new person and am eager to finish "nesting" and getting the house ready for her arrival. I have had two dreams now that she arrived a few days before her due date. Who knows, and most first babies are overdue so time will tell.

Also fighting a threatening head cold. It's swirling around ready to pounce full force and pull me under. Lots of sleep, lots of herbs and home made soup and my head is still above water. I am hoping to make it through this without fully succumbing to it. If I were to get fully sick right now I believe that would be it for working until after my maternity leave. Fingers crossed that I will feel better and get a few more weeks in with my practice.

All in all it's been a great year, lots of good things coming our way. Burgeoning careers and a new member of the family any time now. I can't think of a better way to say hello to a new year and count our blessings.

And now it's time for our holiday photo montage:

I surprised Scott with a Wii which definitely surprised him! This thing has been hidden in Jeff's closet for the last month!



And a coveted Kitchen Aid mixer for me!!! Who knew Costco had the best deal in town?


Learning how to play the Wii


Our friend's Mike and Lucy visiting from Missoula


Mike and Lucy's new addition Ooshka. She is 4 1/2 months old here...she is huge!


Ooshka and Jelly...which one is the puppy? Note Jelly's sweet Christmas sweater.


RJ in front of our fantastic Charlie Brown tree


Jelly exhausted from opening presents and loving her new sweater


Scott doing what Scott does best, picking out music for us to listen to


Why does Jeff look so nervous about opening presents?


Jeff and Kate


The all male carhart review.



Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dag, you're photos made me sad. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, we miss you too!!!! You should get some Carhartt bibs and come on up here. Thanks for the rockin' popcorn. Did you guys get our Xmas care package?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Yes we did! Loved it all.
    You know, I've never owned a pair of bibs. But I rock the carhart pants everyday at work. Wheeeee! Glad you liked the corn, it's been one of my pet recipes the last year. That was the sixth version and I already got the the seventh lined up in my head.

    ReplyDelete