Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

32 down 6-10 or more to go

This week is week 32, only five more weeks until we can safely deliver at home and eight more weeks until the due date! The baby is supposedly weighing in at 3.75 pounds which my baby development web site explains is roughly the weight of a large Jicama.

I've heard over and over again that your child will enjoy the foods you craved while pregnant. If that's the case then my daughter loves apples with peanut butter, oh and dark chocolate with peanut butter. Actually just about anything with peanut butter. I've never been a huge fan of peanut butter until this pregnancy. Precipitated by the gestational diabetes, my love of peanut butter has now grown to enormous heights. I just spent the last 20 minutes of work dreaming about getting home to a cut up apple and my jar of Adam's. Speaking of the Adam's peanut butter I have been going through one huge jar a week. Wow. That even amazes me.


Speaking of the 'ol gestational diabetes a new and strange side effect has developed. Everything is going really well, the diabetes is under control and the baby is doing well. Even though it's going well I still have to take my blood sugar levels every day or two to make sure I am staying on track. This is normally accomplished by a "prick" of the finger tip. Being that I am a massage therapist the finger tip method is strictly a no fly unless I had wanted to spend the last few months working with rubber gloves on. No thank you. So I test on my upper forearm to avoid compromising my finger tips. This method had been working just fine, in fact it was easy to hide the little marks within the flowers of my tattoo. However, in the last week I have been developing giant blossoming bruises where I lance myself. Yikes!!! They do not hurt but they look awful. I mean, awful. Really, really awful. I am waiting for someone to ask me if I am being abused, they look like nasty finger prints. Hmmmm....


I am seeing the doctor tomorrow to confer with her about said bruising. My theory is that the blood thinners I am on to help with the blood clotting issue are taking their toll. Most likely they have built up in my blood and are now causing hyper sensitivity and bruising. All good and well as I am scheduled to stop taking them directly after Christmas. I am anticipating being asked to participate in another blood clotting time test to see exactly how viscous my blood is. I had hoped to avoid another one of these tests since each one leaves a little scar which you can see to the bottom left of the big bruise in the pic above. My guess is if my blood is too thin then we will begin dialing back the blood thinners now instead of after the holiday. Until them I find discreet ways to put my clients at ease when I take my cardigan off to work so they don't silently wonder what is going on with me.

With Christmas presents on the brain I have rounded a corner into full on craftiness here. Behold a stack of Martha Stewart cookie/treat boxes waiting to be filled. I am so excited about these but will explain why later when it wont ruin any holiday surprises.

I am also working on a few things for the baby shower which is Sunday. I know I am supposed to sit back and let it be thrown for me but I enjoy getting ready for parties. Since we are going with a tea and cake theme I've collected some beautiful dishes and wine glasses and glued them together to make impromptu cake and cookie stands. I've been wanting to try this for awhile and am pretty psyched with the results. I am also very, very excited about the party favors we are making, again more on that when it wont be a spoiler.

And of course Christmas is just around the corner. We've had a bit of the old holiday spirit already with the arrival of our fully decorated mini tree care of Aunt Pat!


Tonight Scott brought home our full sized tree which is currently resting in the corner getting used to it's new digs before we decorate it. Happy Holidays!!!! Look how excited Jelly is for Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment