Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Guy, A Girl, An Endless Blue Sky

Just around the corner, in a matter of a few weeks we will celebrate our 6th anniversary of marriage. In reality we've known each other for 13 years but it took a few of those years to figure out that we were meant for each other. The house is quiet and I am feeling nostalgic. I scanned this old photo, I believe we are both 24 in it. This was a polaroid self portrait taken on the roof of his car standing outside our tent at Sasquatch music festival at the Gorge in Eastern Washington. You would never know it from the photo but I had just survived a horrible bout with sunstroke the night before and was certain at many points that I was going to die. Oh to be young and bounce back that beautifully from feeling so terrible. We were on our way to Portland to consider whether we would someday want to live there. We were not married yet, I can't remember if we were engaged either. All I know is that it was fantastic, full of love, great music and the excitement of our lives together just really beginning.




Six years, so much change. What an amazing journey it has been. I love this guy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment