Pages

Monday, July 9, 2007

Scott bends the Casio and interviews on 7/31

As this is my first posting I have to give some proper thanks to my better half for maintaining this blog all by herself. This week I have some exciting news so I decided it was time to finally contribute a posting on our blog.

I got a letter telling me I passed my aptitude test, despite running out of time and having to guess on the last few questions! Now I am scheduled for the next step which is an interview with the governing board. That will happen on July 31st, but I will have to wait 2-4 weeks after that to see where I rank.

In other news I finally finished a long-term circuit bending project. Check out the finished product:

The Casio SK-1 keyboard can do some AMAZING stuff when you add a few modifications. 23 various switches, dials and contacts are mounted in the light box and connect to the keyboard's circiut board through the cable. Here's what the inside of the light box looks like.

All of these switches and dials operate the keyboard in various ways. Different settings and combinations will make the keyboard create abstract sounds that it was never intended to make. Now I just have to learn how to play this frankenstein machine!

So far it has been a lot of fun and I'm glad I have the free time to work on things like this. It has been a blessing in disguise to not be employed right now, so I'm trying to make the best of it.

Our friends just had a baby girl so I'm going to cut this short and go see her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud. Molesting musical equipment to make to do things that most certainly void the warranty. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside...
    Love you two!
    Hasta

    ReplyDelete